English – Year 3
Friday 22nd January
Today we are going to retrieve information from a text to answer questions based on what we have read.
Read and recap the story of Boudicca (from Boudicca’s point of view – see attached).
Answer each of the questions in full sentences. Remember to find the evidence in the text. Read the text at least twice before attempting to answer the questions.
1. What Celtic tribe is Boudicca the queen of?
2. Where does this tribe live?
3. What year is it?
4. Does Queen Boudicca like the Romans and why?
5. What is the name of Boudicca’s husband?
6. What happened to Boudicca’s husband and what did the Romans want and do?
7. What did Boudicca do next?
8. Name the towns that Boudicca and her army destroyed?
9. What is the name of the Roman Governor of Britain?
10. What happened to Boudicca after the battle?
11. Draw a Picture of the Battle.
Complete an activity on Reading Plus.