SEE WRITING TASK BELOW READING TASK
Re-watch the trailer for David Attenborough's latest programme: The perfect planet, before completing Questions 8-16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=635uup08DLU
Now have a go at answering the following questions.
You do not need to write the questions out, simply number your answers.
7. Pause at 2.21 – What impression is created by this image?
8. Find and copy a word which tells you that even mighty storms and freezing winds are very important.
9. Pause at 2.58 – Explain how you think the bird and the crocodile feel in this moment.
10. Sir David Attenborough says, “it is a fragile system.” Explain what you understand the word ‘fragile’ to mean.
11. What is the new force which threatens all life on Earth?
12. When must we act if we are going to save the planet?
13. Sir David Attenborough describes the Earth as, “our perfect planet.” Why do you think he chose to use the word ‘our’ here?
14. Pause at 4.14 – Why do you think the decision was made to end the trailer with this image?
15. Summarise the trailer in a single word.
Reflection Has this trailer successfully made you want to watch the TV show? Why?
Today's lesson focuses on developing your editing and improving skills. After looking at the PowerPoint or PDF version of the lesson, your child will then choose one paragraph from their writing to improve.
Download the PowerPoint or PDF version below to see teaching slides and your child's tasks.