SEE WRITING TASK BELOW READING TASK
Watch the trailer for David Attenborough's latest programme: The perfect planet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=635uup08DLU
Now have a go at answering the following questions.
You do not need to write the questions out, simply number your answers.
- “Life flourishes here thanks to powerful natural forces.” Which definition most closely fits the word ‘flourishes’?
a)Exists only in this place.
b)Grows and develops in a healthy, vigorous way.
c)Is being destroyed rapidly.
d)Will never be very successful.
- How long does it take for light from the Sun to reach Earth?
- Find and copy two adjectives the Sir David Attenborough uses to describe volcanoes.
- What percentage of the Earth’s surface has been created by volcanoes?
- Find and copy a phrase which tells you that the world’s oceans are continuously moving.
- How long does a drop of seawater take to complete a circuit of Earth?
- What else is found where there are currents?
Today's lesson will focus on writing a letter to Zeus.
Download the lesson slides on the PowerPoint or PDF version below to see the teaching and tasks.
A persuasive writing word bank has been attached below to help support your child with sentence starters.