Spaghetti Meatball Pasta!
-Meatballs -Spaghetti -Fresh or dried parsley, chives and dill (if you have any) -2 onions -Pepper
-Salt and pepper (3 grinds) -Lazy garlic and chilli (1/2 tsp) -Tin of chopped tomatoes
-BBQ sauce (1 squeeze) -Henderson's relish or Worchester sauce -Paprika (2tsp) -Mustard (2tsp)
-2 small handfuls of grated cheese
What you need to do:
- Get your premade meatballs and follow the instructions on how to cook them.
- Get a large pan and add the spaghetti to the pan.
- Boil the kettle and fill the pan ¾ with boiling water. You could also add 2 grinds of salt to the pan.
- Chop up 2 onions, 1 pepper and your handfuls herbs (parsley, chives and dill). If you don’t have any fresh herbs, add 1 tbsp of dried herbs each to your pan.
- Get a frying type pan, add a little oil in and turn onto a medium heat (4).
- Add your chopped herbs and vegetables to your pan and cook off for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure you mix the veg regularly so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Make sure you check on your pasta too, mixing well.
- After 10 minutes, check on your meatballs to make sure they are cooked. Mine were at this point so I turned the oven off but I still kept the meatballs in the oven to keep warm. Make sure you check on your meatballs and do the same once yours have cooked (depending on packet instructions).
- Now it is time to make your sauce. At this point, I would turn the heat of the vegetables off for now or keep it on 1, just until all of the ingredients have been added.
- Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes to the pan. If you prefer more sauce with your pasta, add in 2 tins but you will then have to double up on the amount of ingredients in the next few steps.
- Add in 4 tbsp of Henderson’s relish/ Worchester sauce.
- Add in 3 grinds of salt and pepper.
- Add in ½ tsp of lazy garlic and chilli and 2 tsp of paprika.
- Add in 2 tsp of mustard.
- Add in 1 or 2 squeezes of BBQ sauce.
- Give it all a good mix.
- Turn the heat back up to a medium heat and mix your sauce regularly for a good 5 minutes, if not a little longer so that your garlic and other ingredients blends together.
- Add in 1-2 small handfuls of grated cheese.
- After 5-10 minutes, add the meatballs into the pan and give it a good mix.
- Drain off your pasta and you can either add the pasta to the sauce and give it a mix before serving, or you can serve your pasta onto/into a plate/bowl and then add the sauce & meatballs on top.
- For added flavour, you could chop up some more chives and sprinkle on the top!