-Ready to use filo pastry (video) or Ready to roll puff pastry -butter
-Tomato puree -grated cheese
TOPPINGS OF YOUR CHOICE…
-1 onion -1 pepper -Mozzarella ball -Tomatoes -1/2 chilli
What you need to do:
NOTE: If you do use ready to roll puff pastry instead, you do not need any melted butter and can jump straight from step 2 to step 10, once you have removed it from the package and unrolled it.
- Chop up your toppings and keep them to one side.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil.
- Put 2-3 tbsp of butter into a jug/microwaveable dish and melt it.
- Remove the filo pastry from the packaging and lay them out on the bench.
- Pick up one layer of filo pastry and lay it onto the baking tray.
- Using a pastry brush, your fingers (ONLY ONCE BUTTER HAS COOLED-AN ADULT MUST CHECK THIS) or a piece of kitchen roll, dip it into the melted butter and brush the butter around all of the edges and all over the sheet.
- Then, take another layer of filo pastry sheet and place it on top of the previous sheet and brush the butter all over the sheet.
- Continue to take a layer/sheet of filo pasty and brush it with the melted butter each time, until there are no more filo sheets left.
- At this point, it might be worth turning the oven onto a low heat 140 to warm the oven up, prior to adding in your pizza tart.
- Once you have layered all of the filo sheets, making sure you have brushed butter over it, you then squirt on generous amounts of tomato puree.
- Using a knife, spread the tomato puree all over the filo pastry.
- Get the grated cheese and sprinkle over 2-3 small handfuls of grated cheese. Note, if you aren’t going to use mozzarella, you can add more cheese.
- Then get hold of your toppings and spread them over the pastry sheet but keep your mozzarella until last. Make sure that when you are layering on your toppings, that you do leave 1-2cm around the edges so that you can roll the pastry slightly.
- Once all of the toppings are on, if you want to, you can add more grated cheese (I find if you use mozzarella you won’t need to).
- Using your fingers, it doesn’t have to be delicately done but just roll the edges of the pasty around to create almost a little wall or boat to stop the toppings and cheese from seeping out when it melts (see video).
- Put the baking tray with your pizza on into the oven for around 10-15 minutes on 160-180 degrees. Make sure you check on it every 5 minutes incase it begins to catch and if it does, turn the heat down a little more.
- Once it is cooked, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool slightly for a few minutes, cut it into whatever size chunk you like and serve it on a plate! You could have it with a side salad or even chips etc or just have it on its own!