Cinnamon Pastry Swirls
-Ready to roll puff pastry (any brand) -40g caster sugar -2tbsp cinnamon
-25g unsalted butter (I used 40g in the video and there was too much left over)
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt your butter in the microwave.
- Get your ready to roll puff pastry and roll it out. You might want to remove it from the baking paper for now, so that it is easier to manage.
- Using a pastry brush, brush one side of the puff pastry sheet with your melted butter.
- In a jug/bowl, mix together your caster sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle ½ of the cinnamon sugar mix over the pastry sheet.
- Use a rolling pin or something that has a similar shape (an empty water bottle if needs be), roll it over the pastry to ensure that the cinnamon mix is encrusted and stuck onto the pastry sheet.
- Turn/flip the pastry sheet around and repeat the process again (step 5 and 6), using the remainder of the cinnamon mix. This part is tricky so you might want to get an adult to help you or do this bit for you. NOTE: IT MIGHT BE WORTH FLIPPING IT ONTO THE BAKING TRAY (WITH BAKING PAPER ON) SO IT IS EASIER TO TRANSFER.
- Once complete, roll the longer sides of the pastry sheets together (starting together), until they meet in the middle. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT SIMPLE, YOU COULD JUST ROLL ONE SIDE AGAIN AND AGAIN.
- Once rolled, cut up the pastry into consistent chunks.
- Place the swirls onto a baking tray (if it isn’t already).
- Put the cinnamon swirls into the oven for 10 minutes, checking on them now and again. They should be done by then but if needs be, keep them in for a little bit longer until they are golden.
- Take them out of the oven and enjoy! You can have them whilst they are still warm or you can have them completely cold!