Lime & Vanilla Cheesecake
-1 ½ packets of digestive -Butter (roughly 250ml of melted butter)
-Icing sugar -2 tubs of soft cheese -1 large tub of double cream
-Vanilla extract (3 cap fulls) -2 limes
What you need to do:
- Get some kind of cake tin and line with clingfilm so that it is easier to get out. If you have a cake tin, where you can loosen the bottom, then that would be ideal. If not, just a standard cake type tin!
- Get a jug and scoop out roughly 8 tbsp of butter and melt it. You will need roughly around 250ml of melted butter.
- Get your 1 ½ packets of biscuits and bash/smash them. I find putting a few in a freezer bag at a time is easier to smash and crumble with some kind of kitchen utensil (rolling pin etc). Keep adding the crushed biscuits into a bowl.
- When you have crushed 1 ½ packets of biscuits and put them into a bowl, next you need to add your melted butter and give it a good mix. To ensure that there is enough butter in the biscuit base, grab a little handful and see if the biscuits will stick together.
- Get your cake tin and pour in ½ of the biscuit base. Squish it down with your fingers, fists or the back of a spoon. Then pour in the remaining biscuit base and repeat the process. Make sure that all of the biscuit base is firm.
- Put your biscuit base tin into the fridge for around 1 hour.
- Get another bowl or wash the bowl you had.
- Grab hold of your tub of double cream and whilst it is still in concealed in the tub, give it a shake for a few minutes, in hope to thicken it up slightly.
- Pour the cream into the bowl and then add roughly 3 cap fulls of vanilla extract and lime juice from 2 limes. Mix slightly. Don’t worry if the cream looks like it has split, it hasn’t.
- Scrape into the bowl, the two tubs of soft cheese. Mix it slightly.
- Add in a heavy pour of icing sugar and mix again slightly.
- Either use a spoon or a whisk to mix the cheesecake thoroughly until it is firm.
- Remove your tin from the fridge and pour over ½ of the cheesecake mix. Smooth it over, using the back of the spoon.
- Add in the rest of the cheesecake mix and smooth over again, using the back of your spoon.
- Put it in the fridge for 4 hours or so to set fully.
- Serve it up and enjoy!